8 hrs 15 mins
From an unknown cookbook that states that this goes well with cinnamon rice. Can be either grilled or broiled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 2 medium lemons)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, grated
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs flank steaks, visible fat removed
- fresh cilantro stem
- 1Mix all marinade ingredients in a shallow baking dish.
- 2Add the meat, turning once to coat.
- 3Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning the meat occasionally.
- 4Remove the meat from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
- 5Grill meat to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium.
- 6Transfer the meat to a platter and let stand about 5 minuted to stabilize juices.
- 7Meanwhile, strain marinade into a small saucepan and dicard the solids.
- 8Bring the marinade to a boil over high heat, 3-5 minutes.
- 9Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 10Cut meat on the diagonal into thin slices and pour marinade over the meat. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sizzling Flank Steak Middle Eastern Style
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.8
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.5 mg
- Sodium 295.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 22.3 g