Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from a chef I worked with. He would put this on a platter with a stainless steel liner. It was litterally sizzling when I placed it in front of the diner.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chopped sirloin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 large onions, sliced into rings
- 6 teaspoons water
- Mix sirloin with the salt and pepper.
- Form into 4 sections.
- Heat oil in 12 in skillet.
- Add sirloin and cook on med hi, turning, until done to your preference.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add butter to skillet.
- Saute onion rings just until crisp tender.
- Place sirloin on plate, cover with onions.
- Add water to skillet on hi heat and scrape bits in skillet until you form a juice.
- Pour over the onions.
This was fast and easy and yummy! I used olive oil instead of vegetable oil to cut down on my omega-6s, and Smart Balance instead of butter.
This was very easy to make my husband loved and the kids liked it too!!
This was very easy to prepare. A good, quick, easy clean-up meal. The only problem I had was it didn't stay warm enough for me to finish my meal. Excellent with Peggy's Favorite Summer Squash Bake and a baked potato and salad.