Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious grilled chicken dish with a flavorful marinade.
Make and share this Sizzling Chicken Skewers recipe from Food.com.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (or less to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- Slice chicken lengthwise into strips. Mix peanut butter, brown sugar, salt, cayenne, cilantro, salsa, soy sauce, lemon juice and garlic. Adjust seasoning. Marinate chicken for 4 hours.
- When ready to grill, alternate chicken with green onion and bell pepper onto skewers (soak wooden skewers in water prior to grilling). Grill until chicken is cooked through.
I made these last Sunday to make for a small football gathering at our home. I started marinating the chicken around 9 a.m. Right before the noon kick-off, I cut up the veggies and put them in the fridge. At half-time, I put the skewers together and hubby tossed them on the grill. Everyone liked them. It's a unique combination of flavors. I like that everyone could just grab a skewer and throw it on their disposable plate and chow down. No dirty dishes (well, a couple). I doubled the recipe to feed more than just us. I only had creamy peanut butter, but I don't think that would've changed the flavor, just texture. The marinade sticks pretty well to the chicken. I almost was going to make another batch to use as a dipping sauce. I personally do not care for cilantro, but everyone else I know likes it. I think for my own personal taste, next time I will make this without it. Thanks for posting a new party treat. (Made for PRMR)