Recipe by katie in the UP
I've never seen Tyler Florence bomb!! Posted this recipe for safe keeping....on the list for Holiday entertaining!! UPDATE!! These little guys are fabulous...delicious....WOW. Everyone looked at me kinda strange....tasted one....next thing I know...platter was empty!!
Top Review by EmmyG37
I had a bit of trouble with the glaze - the cornstarch clumped up so I had to run it through fine sieve. And the lack of absorbed cornstarch made the glaze a bit runny. The taste was divine though, and my friends gave me many compliments on the dish. This is definitely a keeper!
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with 2 tsp of water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 12 slices maple bacon, cut crosswise
- 24 dried apricots
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberry juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil cranberry juice in med saucepan over high heat until reduced to 1 cup.
- Whisk in cornstarch, brown sugar, mustard and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil over med heat and boil 1 minute until thickened.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the glaze.
- Meanwhile line rimmed baking sheet with foil; set wire rack over foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Wrap bacon halves around apricots and secure with wooden pick.
- Brush with glaze and place on wire rack.
- Broil 3 to 7 minutes, or until bacon is browned, turning once.
- Serve warm with reserved glaze.