1/1 Photo of Sizzlin' Summer Steaks & Spuds With Cheesy Scallion Butter
Hands-down--this is a WINNER in the "keep the heat out of the kitchen" category of summer cooking at our house! This is a slightly different spin on ordinary roasted/baked potatoes and steak on the grill. And so simple, too! Timing is important, so make sure the table is set, and the family is ready to sit down--cuz when those steaks come off the grill, you wanna sit right down and eat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
The Main Attraction
- 1Preheat the grill--you want it HOT.
- 2Cut 4 squares of heavy-duty foil, set aside.
- 3Scrub the spuds, pour a bit of olive oil on your hands, and rub on potatoes; set each potato on a foil square; fold foil around the potato snugly.
- 4Potatoes should be roasted over indirect heat (we put ours on the top rack) until they "give" when squeezed (20-25 minutes).
- 5Prepare the Cheddar-Scallion Butter: Mix all ingredients in a small mixing bowl OR in a food processor, until well blended; set aside to serve at ROOM temperature.
- 6When potatoes are nearly ready, smear steaks with olive oil; make sure the grill is HOT; pop the steaks on; depending on how "done" you like 'em -- we prefer medium-rare (so that's about 4 minutes per side).
- 7When the meat is done, remove to a platter; put the potatoes in a serving bowl.
- 8Serve each steak and potato with a dollop of Cheddar-Scallion Butter; sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- 9That's what summer is all about!
- 10VARIATIONS --
- 11Fresh parsley in the butter.
- 12Finely minced green or red pepper.
- 13Monterey Jack OR Bleu cheese instead of the Cheddar.
- 14Two or three slices of crumbled bacon! Oh, yeah -- .
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sizzlin' Summer Steaks & Spuds With Cheesy Scallion Butter
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.2
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 120.3 mg
- Sodium 522.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: