Top Review by kaec
This marinade really made our New York Strip Steaks special. I threw everything together including the onions and also added some cilantro, marinated for about 7 hours, then grilled the steaks pouring the marinade over them until they were done. Our steaks were very tender and had a very good flavor, slightly sweet. I will definitely be making this often. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 (7 ounce) rib eye steaks or 4 (7 ounce) New York strip steaks
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- finely chopped green onion, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim steaks of excess fat.
- In a medium glass bowl, combine teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, honey, sweet sherry, garlic, and ginger.
- Add steaks to marinade and turn to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but overnight is recommended.
- Drain meat and reserve marinade.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook steaks over high heat 2 minutes each side to seal in flavor.
- For rare steaks, cook another minute per side.
- For medium steaks, reduce heat and cook another 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- For well-done steaks, cook another 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- In a saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil.
- Reserve 1/4 cup and pour remaining marinade over steaks during last few minutes of cooking.
- Serve steaks with reserved marinade drizzled over top.
- Garnish with finely chopped green onions.