Prep 5 mins
Cook 16 mins
From the McCormick website, this makes a very flavorful steak. When I make it, however, I also add 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, extra ground mustard and then let it marinate for at least 24 hours. We also use mesquite wood chips in the bbq when grilling them and then baste them with our favorite smokey bbq sauce when they're just about done and they have a great flavor. Hope you also like these!
- 4 teaspoons mccormick montreal brand steak seasoning (or McCormick Grill Mates 25% Less Sodium Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 New York strip steaks (about 1 1/2 lbs) or 2 rib eye steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- Mix Steak Seasoning, oil, vinegar and mustard in small bowl. Place steak in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add marinade; turn to coat well.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove steak from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Grill over medium-high heat 8 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
This was great! I can't say enough about how flavorful it was. I used montreal steak seasoning recipe 235504. Will be making this many many more times. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe.
The taste was very good. And I let the steak in the marinade only 1 hour and a half. I reduced the olive oil. Thanks for posting this recipe :) Made for Cookbook tag game.
We liked this and DH thought the flavor was good but I don't think we'll make it again. I probably just overcooked the steak since I will only eat it well done.