Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry This is great for an easy meal that pleases the whole family. Plus, you make and serve in the same skillet—what more could a busy mom want!
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups thick & chunky salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 400°F In a 10-inch oven-proof skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat, breaking into crumbles, until cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove beef, leaving drippings in skillet.
- Add Simply Potatoes to skillet. Cook over medium heat, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef, 1 cup salsa, 3/4 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons cilantro to potatoes; mix well. (Skillet will be full.) Spread mixture evenly in skillet and tightly cover with foil or lid. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Top with remaining cheese; spoon remaining salsa over the cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Let rest 5 minutes. Serves 4.