Prep 5 hrs
Cook 17 mins
I have looked and looked for a recipe that is as close to Sizzler's as I can get. This one does it! It is not mine, however, it belongs to Chef-In-Training at http://www.chef-in-training.com/2014/05/malibu-chicken/
- 4 chicken breasts
- 5 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons garlic, Minced
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ham slices, thinly sliced
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons Grey Poupon mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine Egg Yolk and garlic and pour into plastic bag. Place chicken inside of bag, seal shut making sure no extra air is inside, and make sure the chicken gets coated with egg yoke/garlic mixture. Place in fridge and marinate chicken for 4 hours.
- In a medium bowl, mix Panko, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper and dump evenly in the bottom of a 9 X 13 baking dish.
- Remove chicken from bag, place chicken in baking dish. Coat chicken with mixture and bake at 350 degrees F and depending on the size of your chicken breasts, cook for 40 minutes to one hour or until chicken is cooked through. Monitor it starting at 40 minutes.
- Place one slice of ham and one slice of swiss cheese over the top of each piece of chicken and bake additional two minutes until cheese is melted.
- Malibu Dipping Sauce - Combine Grey Poupon mustard, Mayo, yellow mustard and honey in small bowl. Stir to make sure all ingredients are evenly combined. Use to dip chicken inches Enjoy!
We used to go to sizzler and order this, but since they have closed we have been craving this recipe. This recipe of Malibu Chicken is the BEST I have ever had. My whole family loves it more than Sizzlers. The only change I made was I used parmisiano reggiano (sp) instead of plain parmesan because I didn't have any. You will love it!