I found this on the Eating Well website amonst their diabetic friendly recipes. I haven't tried this one yet but it sounds like a real winner.
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into ribbons
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts (see Tip)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add beans, return to a boil, and simmer until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto; cook, stirring, until crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel.
- Wipe out the pan; heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add the beans, garlic, sage, 1/8 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are browned in places, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in pine nuts, lemon zest and the prosciutto. Season with lemon juice, the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Tip: To toast chopped nuts & seeds: Cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.