1/2 Photos of Sizzled Green Beans With Crispy Prosciutto and Pine Nuts
Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
I found this on the Eating Well website amonst their diabetic friendly recipes. I haven't tried this one yet but it sounds like a real winner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into ribbons
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (see Tip)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add beans, return to a boil, and simmer until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- 2Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto; cook, stirring, until crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel.
- 3Wipe out the pan; heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add the beans, garlic, sage, 1/8 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are browned in places, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in pine nuts, lemon zest and the prosciutto. Season with lemon juice, the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 4Tip: To toast chopped nuts & seeds: Cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sizzled Green Beans With Crispy Prosciutto and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.0
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 79.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: