- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml dry plain breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, basil, salt and pepper in a large Ziploc bag.
- Place the chicken breasts, one at a time, between two pieces of wax paper.
- Pound the breasts with several whacks of a meat mallet or rolling pin to thin them evenly to a thickness of about ½ inch.
- Peel off the paper and add the breasts to the bag with the flour mixture; shake well to coat.
- Heat oil in a 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, spread the bread crumbs on a plate and beat the egg in a small bowl.
- Dip the chicken breasts, one at a time into the egg then into the bread crumbs to coat both sides; shake off excess crumbs.
- Add the breasts to the skillet as you coat them.
- Cook the breasts until the chicken is cooked through with golden brown crust, 3-4 minutes on each side.
- If the crumb coating begins to over brown, reduce the heat to medium.