Recipe by Galley Wench
Recipe can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks. For an added treat melt one teaspoon butter and one tablespoon of brown sugar in each muffin tin before filling. Absolutley wonderful! Please note that this recipe is written to use with Raisin Bran Flakes . . . if using All Bran you will need to soak in water as noted by previous reviewers This recipe is best if made in advance and stored in the refrigerator..
Top Review by Elisabetta47
No Raisin Bran in Italy so I use All-Bran and the butter & brown sugar extra-yummy in the bottom of non-stick muffin tins and they are FABULOUS. Didn't even have to soak the bran. Thanks Galley Wench - I can always count on your recipes to be terrific.
- 1 (15 ounce) box Raisin Bran cereal (Flakes , about 9 cups)
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- 12 teaspoons butter
- 12 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cereal with raisins, sugar, flour, soda and salt in a very large bowl. Add oil, eggs and milk. Allow to rest before use.
- Store in a covered container and use as needed.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- For an added treat melt one teaspoon butter and one tablespoon of brown sugar in each muffin tin before filling.