Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 5 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 1 cup corn oil or 1 cup margarine
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 5 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Batter keeps up to 6 weeks in refrigerator.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees.
I've got this same recipe. Here are a few ideas of what you can add at cooking time to the basic recipe given here....to jazz the muffins up: raisins, dried cranberries, frozen berries (rasp or straw), mini choc. chips, chopped nuts. Try sprinkling something to the top like: brown sugar, flavored sugar (cinnamon, anise, vanilla, etc.), mini-choc. chips, finely chopped nuts & white sugar.