Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
They always made this coleslaw to go with the fish that was served at our church at the fish fries they had during Lent. I'm not sure why they call it six week coleslaw.
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced in rings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- Layer cabbage, peppers, and onion in a dish. Sprinkle sugar over it.
- Combine dressing ingredients and bring to a boil. Toss over salad.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.