Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom's signature breakfast item. Can be prepared easily before needed and stored in fridge/
- 1 (15 ounce) box Raisin Bran cereal
- 1 cup oil
- 3 cups sugar (up to half can be a sugar substitute)
- 4 eggs, beaten with whisk
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups nuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix cereal, flour, sugar, salt, and soda in a large bowl.
- Mix well, then add beaten eggs and buttermilk, oil and rest of ingredients.
- Mix well and store in refrigerator in airtight covered container.
- When ready to cook: Dip spoon in batter (never stir) and fill muffin tins to 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 or 20 minutes. (Makes about 3 1/2 dz total)
- NOTES: Batter keeps in fridge up to 6 weeks.