Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are old family favorites, quick, simple and delicious, full of flavor and interesting textures. My family enjoys this dessert served many different ways, they are always so good, we always make two per person, you won't be sorry. With this kind of dessert, your imagination is the only limit. Everything tastes great with puffed pastry.
- 2 1⁄2 cups strawberries, fresh, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam, freezer, good quality
- 6 tablespoons Grand Marnier (optional)
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, finely grated
- 6 puff pastry shells, cooked & cooled
- 6 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 6 strawberries, whole (garnish)
- 1⁄8 cup vanilla sugar (garnish)
- 1⁄8 cup orange, rind (garnish)
- 3 -6 mint sprigs (garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup (drizzled, garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon curd, Delight # 1
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, Delight # 2
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream, Delight # 3
- 1⁄3 cup vanilla bean pudding, Delight # 4
- 1⁄3 cup clotted cream, Delight # 5
- 3 cups frozen lime yogurt, Delight # 6
- Prepare puff pastry shells as directed on package.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Once the shells are completely cooled sprinkle with icing sugar then set aside until needed.
- Wash, hull and quarter fresh strawberries.
- Then gently add the strawberries, jam, Grand Marnier and orange rind together and set aside until ready to assemble dessert.
- To assemble different delights proceed as follows:
- VERSION 1:
- Delight #1 - start by adding lemon curd to the bottom of the puff pastry shell.
- Then add some cool whip and top with the strawberry mixture.
- Garnish with a dollop of cool whip and some shredded orange rind.
- VERSION 2:
- Delight #2 - Add a small scoop of ice cream inside the puff pastry shell.
- Top it with the strawberry mixture, making sure to over flow the shell.
- Garnish with fresh mint and a sprinkle of vanilla sugar.
- VERSION 3:.
- Delight #3 - Fill the puff pastry completely with the strawberry mixture.
- Top the strawberries with a dollop of sour cream.
- Sprinkle the sour cream with a dusting of vanilla sugar for garnish.
- You may alternate any of the garnish ingredients.
- VERSION 4:.
- Delight #4 - Add the vanilla bean pudding on the bottom of the pastry shell, top with strawberry mixture and garnish with cool whip and drizzled with chocolate syrup.
- VERSION 5:.
- Delight #5 - Slowly add the clotted cream into the strawberry mixture and garnish with a whole strawberry.
- VERSION 6:.
- Delight #6 - Place a scoop of frozen lime yogurt, on top of the strawberry mixture and garnished with orange rind.
- These desserts are best when served immediately.
I was going to do #3, but wanted to try a variation not attempted yet, and that was #2. This was one great dessert as the kids love strawberries, and the jam. Defineately a keeper as I will try other variations too. Made for Recipe Swap #41.
I did this using variation # 3 but skipped the sour cream and added some whipped cream beside the pastry. I used fresh whipped cream instead of Cool whip. Great recipe with the variatuons and very easy to switch up. Made for Photo Tag