1/1 Photo of Six Sisters' Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
3 hrs 15 mins
PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this on the Six Sisters' blog and had to try it. I can never get the sauce to thicken in the crock pot so I put the juices in a separate pan, add the cornstarch and cook it on the stove but I posted as it was written.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (thighs would be fine too)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (could also use olive oil or canola oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch (dissolved in 6 Tablespoons water)
- sesame seeds
- 1Season both sides of chicken with lightly with salt and pepper, put into crock pot.
- 2In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken.
- 3Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through.
- 4Remove chicken from crock pot, leave sauce.
- 5Dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of water and pour into crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce.
- 6Replace lid and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 7Cut chicken into bite size pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce before serving.
- 8Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice or noodles.
- 9You can also sprinkle more red pepper flakes on top if you want more heat.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Six Sisters' Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.8
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 2319.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 74.4 g
- Protein 29.6 g