Recipe by caramel
Graham crumb crust, cream cheese center, 3 layers of luscious pudding topped with crushed Skor bars...need i say more??
Top Review by Minxkat1
This was a very delicious dessert - the skor pieces on top were a nice touch. I did make one adjustment to the recipe. If you are using fresh whipping cream the one cup measurement is accurate, as one cup cream whipped usually results in about 3 cups of whipped cream. However, I didn't have whipping cream in the house today, so I substituted Cool Whip, and with Cool Whip you really need to use 3 cups as opposed to 1 cup to get enough 'cream cheese frosting' to cover a 9 X 13 pan. For beginner cooks I would strongly suggest trying fresh whipped cream, the taste doesn't compare in the least to Cool Whip. Whip the cream using electric rotary beater on high until soft peaks form (peak subside back into bowl when rotars are lifted out of bowl), then slowly add 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. Beat on high for about 2 minutes until hard peaks form (peaks don't subside back into bowl when rotars lifted). I used chocolate, butterscotch and chocolate fudge pudding as I couldn't find chocolate toffee, and put the butterscotch in the middle. I liked the skor bar pieces very much, but I think it would also be very pretty with whipped cream as the top layer with chocolate crumbs or nuts on top for a variation. The ground pecans also added a nice dimension to the usual graham crumb crust. An excellent recipe Caramel, the whole family loved it and I will be adding it to my 'keeper' recipes.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs (sometimes like a thicker crust)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely ground
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter (melted) or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup margarine (melted)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup whipped cream (sweeten whip cream with a bit of sugar and vanilla) or 1 cup Cool Whip (sweeten whip cream with a bit of sugar and vanilla)
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant pudding mix (I prefer to use chocolate, caramel or butterscotch, and chocolate-toffee)
- 4 1⁄2 cups milk
- Skor candy bars, crushed or any toffee pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, mix graham crumbs,pecans,brown sugar and melted butter.
- Press into 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about 5-10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- iIn bowl-fold in whipped cream to cream cheese.
- Spread on cooled crust.
- Place in refrigerator.
- In 3 separate bowls mix each pudding, using 1 1/2 cup of milk per pudding instead of the 2 cups the box asks for.
- Spread each layer of pudding on top of the cheese layer,careful to not blend the puddings.
- Generously sprinkle the top with skor crumbs.