Recipe by Tona C.
From the kitchen of Shug Cupp Cleeton, Moberly MO
Top Review by lisanrick13
This was delicious. My whole family enjoyed it, which is rare! The only change I made was V-8 juice instead of tomato juice. Plus I didn't have plain rice, so I used a box of Rice-a-Roni and pitched the seasoning packet. Yum! We'll definitely make this again!
- 1 lb pork sausage, broken up
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raw onion, sliced
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup raw carrot, sliced
- 16 ounces tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Partially cook sausage and drain off fat.
- Place sausage in 2 quart casserole and cover with layers of rice, potatoes, onions and carrots. Add tomatoes with juice. Add tomato juice until it comes up about half-way on the layers. Combine salt, pepper and sugar and sprinkle over top.
- COVER casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Add some water or tomato juice while cooking if casserole seems too dry.