Recipe by Kendra Jean's Kitchen
A refreshing, smooth and light salad. Other fruit may be substituted. Great with poultry, ham or seafood. Yum! Our Grandmother Prescott always served this at Easter with peanut-butter-glazed ham. Active prep time does not include chilling time.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this up for a lunch when I knew company was coming, & it was a hit, possibly because it was fondly remember by most of us from childhood! I did toast the nuts & left the topping items separated & on the side so as much as as little could be included by everyone! Thanks for posting A GREAT RECIPE! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 cup mandarin orange, drained
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip Lite
- 12 maraschino cherries (sliced)
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients for salad in a 2- quart bowl, stir gently, cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- To serve: spoon portions in clear glass serving dishes.
- Garnish with topping: a dollop of Cool Whip Lite, maraschino cherries and a sprinkling of chopped pecans.