Recipe by CandyTX
Tom loves chicken tortilla soup. It's a soup that is served over tortilla chips. Pretty good! This is the easiest one I've found and no one has ever noticed the differece... just open six cans, dump it in a pot, heat it up and voila. Dinner!
Top Review by Cookin'ontheFly
Surprisingly delicious for basically just opening 6 cans & heating it up!! We prefer it without the chicken. I've also made it with homemade chicken broth (3c.) & frozen corn (2c.). I don't drain the tomatoes. I season it with ancho chili powder, garlic powder, & cumin, to taste. We like it served with crumbled tortilla chips & shredded cheddar cheese as a garnish. This would be a great throw-together soup for drop-in guests.
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken, chunked
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, drained
- tortilla chips