Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tom loves chicken tortilla soup. It's a soup that is served over tortilla chips. Pretty good! This is the easiest one I've found and no one has ever noticed the differece... just open six cans, dump it in a pot, heat it up and voila. Dinner!
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken, chunked
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, drained
- tortilla chips
- Open all of the the cans.
- Pour everything into a large saucepan or stock pot.
- Simmer over medium heat until chicken is heated through.
- Serve over tortilla chips in a bowl.
Surprisingly delicious for basically just opening 6 cans & heating it up!! We prefer it without the chicken. I've also made it with homemade chicken broth (3c.) & frozen corn (2c.). I don't drain the tomatoes. I season it with ancho chili powder, garlic powder, & cumin, to taste. We like it served with crumbled tortilla chips & shredded cheddar cheese as a garnish. This would be a great throw-together soup for drop-in guests.
Good, but seems like it is missing something. Maybe if it simmers longer the flavor will blend better. I had to add about a tablespoon of sour cream to my soup for it to taste good. Next time I think I will use one can of cream of chicken soup in place of one of the cans of broth.
I used Kathy's Whole Chicken Crock Pot Whole Chicken Crock Pot Recipe instead of the canned chicken, but everything else was canned. I also used low sodium broth, and diced tomatoes. This is so EASY and YUMMY! I garnished it with cheddar cheese and scallions. Delish!