Recipe by Ang11002
I got this off another site but I've made it many times and it is SO versatile. Muy facil y bueno! (Very easy and good:)!! No its not authentic but who cares?
Top Review by Ms B.
I found this recipe on another site and have been making it for about a year now. I do not add the rice. I also rinse the beans prior to adding them in order to reduce some of the sodium content. Other changes include: using frozen corn instead of canned (I just don't like canned.); omitting the garlic and adding cumin; sometimes adding sauteed onion and green pepper; using shredded grilled chicken breast instead of the canned chicken. I have also used tomatoes with jalapenos instead of green chilies. That was a bit warm for my taste. Therefore, I toned the heat down by stirring in a little cream. This soup is excellent topped with crushed tortilla chips and shredded cheese. Great easy and quick meal for busy days. I like it served with corn muffins.
- 425.24 g can mexicorn
- 2 (822.13 g) can chicken broth
- 4.92 ml chopped garlic
- 283.49 g can chunk chicken
- 425.24 g can black beans
- 283.49 g can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 118.29-236.59 ml instant rice (I use 1/2 a cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Open the cans of corn, chicken broth, chunk chicken, black beans, and diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- DO NOT DRAIN!
- Add rice and garlic to this as well.
- Pour everything into a large saucepan or stock pot.
- Simmer over medium heat until chicken is heated through& rice is cooked.
- (5 minutes for instant rice).