Recipe by joiekc
These large, energy-packed cookies are a standard after-class treat at most Sivanada Yoga Centres around the world. They are very nutritious and make a meal in themselves.
- 250 g rolled oats
- 100 g whole wheat flour
- 150 g brown sugar
- 50 g raisins or 50 g sultanas
- 50 g raw unsalted peanuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 ml oil
- 200 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- you can use sunflower seeds, roughly chopped almonds or desiccated coconut instead of, or as well as the unsalted peanuts.
- Preheat the oven to 200C,.
- Oil two or three naking sheets.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, add the oil and mix thoroughly. Stir in enough waterto make a firm mixture.
- Take a spoonful of mixture, about the size of a ping-pong ball. Roll it into a ball, place on one of the oiled baking sheets and flatten to a round about 10cm diameter.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 mins, until golden at the edges.
- Cool on wire rack.