This is the way my grandmother makes use of leftover chicken. Add more or less lemon juice to taste. You can also add diced white onion if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Allow chicken to cool completely.
- 2Combine salt and garlic.
- 3Mix salt and garlic combination with olive oil and lemon juice.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine chicken, parsley and green onion.
- 5Stir in the olive oil concoction.
- 6Cut pita bread loaves in half.
- 7Fill each half with chicken salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Situ's Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 754.6
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 105.0 mg
- Sodium 1231.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 42.7 g