Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the way my grandmother makes use of leftover chicken. Add more or less lemon juice to taste. You can also add diced white onion if desired.
- 709.77 ml diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 177.44 ml diced green onion
- 473.18 ml diced parsley
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml diced or garlic powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 3 whole pita breads
- Allow chicken to cool completely.
- Combine salt and garlic.
- Mix salt and garlic combination with olive oil and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine chicken, parsley and green onion.
- Stir in the olive oil concoction.
- Cut pita bread loaves in half.
- Fill each half with chicken salad.
How different & refreshing! I served this on bread which was delicious but pita pockets would be better - there's no mayo holding it all together! It was more garlic-y the next day! I love fresh parsley & scallions! This was excellent. Made for A Garden Party in the Diabetic Forum 6/12.