Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe has been in our family since time out of mind. It is the best of all worlds, it is simple, it is GOOD, it keeps very well and it actually is better the day after it is baked(if it lasts that long). The only change I have made to the recipe my Grandmother used is adding the teaspoon of baking powder. It assures you won't have a "sad streak" in the pound cake.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco (I use butter flavored)
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla butternut flavoring
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour bundt pan( I use the baking spray).
- Cream butter and Crisco then add sugar. Mix until thick and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Sift flour and baking powder together. Alternately add flour and sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour.Mix well but do not overbeat(it will make the cake tough).
- Add flavoring.
- Put into prepared pan and bake 90 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes before turning out. Let cool.
- This is good warm or room temperature. And it is even better the next day.