Recipe by CookKelly
I got this recipe from my sister, Jeannine. It's sooooo good, even the kids will eat it! You can make it with less fat by using light sour cream and margarine instead of butter.
Top Review by JRiggs
My husband was a little nervous when I told him what we were having for dinner, but he ended up really liking it. It was quick and easy to make. I might try adding additional veggies next time, like potatoes or squash. I'd also mix the cheese in with the sauce. I have a green bean casserole recipe that calls for cheddar cheese in the sauce and I love the way it turns out.
- 1 can French style green bean
- 1 can white shoepeg corn
- 1 can water chestnut
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 package crushed Ritz cracker
- 1⁄4 lb butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer the green beans, corn, and water chestnuts in a 9 x 13 pan in the order given.
- Mix the sour cream and cream of celery soup.
- Spread over vegetables layer.
- Top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Mix the crushed Ritz crackers with the stick of butter.
- Sprinkle on top.
- Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes.