Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is a twist on the regular cole slaw. A friend of ours in Hawaii made this for us. It's great when served with ribs. Stored here for safe keeping.
- 1 medium head of cabbage, sliced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2⁄3 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, and
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Prep vegetables and set aside.
- Combine vinegar, salt, celery seed, salad oil and dry mustard.
- In large bowl alternate cabbage, onions, and peppers with sugar.
- Cover with marinade.
- Let stand in refrigerator for 24 hours in covered container, mixing occasionally.