Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Fun breakfast food! Just the basics. Sissy (my 22-year-old sister who would sooner starve than cook for herself) looooves this one!
For each serving
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of your fav bread (mine's whole wheat!)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 slices cheese (I use 2% milk white American)
- butter, for pan
- butter, for the man overboard
- Heat a bit of butter in a large skillet.
- Take a small glass (it has to be smaller than the bread) and press the top of it into the bread to cut out a circle. Remove the circle (the "man overboard") and set aside.
- Place the 2 slices of bread with the circle cutouts onto the pan.
- Flip them before adding the egg so both sides of the bread are buttery.
- Drop one egg into each hole in the bread slices. (the bread is the "boat").
- Add a little more butter to the pan and throw on the "men overboard". They make nice little crispy buttery toast bites to accompany the egg.
- Fry until desired consistency. Sissy doesn't like her eggs too runny so I flip them and cook both sides. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you want cheese on them -- add it on right at the end just long enough to melt one slice over each boat.