Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
I've tried a lot of cornbread recipes but this one works the best (I use my mom's old aluminum pan so the crust is lightly brown but the bread nice and moist- don't overcook!) Toast the leftovers for breakfast with butter and jam.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425° (Important!).
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg with milk and butter. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Bake in prepared pan* 20 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- *You can either take a paper towel and rub butter all over the inside of the pan to coat or use PAM- but butter works best!