Recipe by Sissylu
I love Chinese food and Moo Goo Gai Pan is one of my favorites. I hope you like my own version.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup celery, slice diagonally
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 green pepper, sliced or chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (lite or reduced sodium I prefer)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into 10 inch pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt and cornstarch.
- Stir fry in hot oil for 2 minutes or until chicken turns white.
- Add celery and onions; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms with liquid, green peppers, water chestnuts and soy sauce; cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in almonds and serve over cooked rice.