A wicked dish for garlic lovers! Prep time and cook time include the overnight refrigeration of the pudding and the time to roast the garlic heads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 2 heads roasted garlic, recipe follows in directions
- 3 cups sourdough bread, crust removed,cut into 1-inch cubes,and air-dried overnight
- 1Set a skillet over medium heat and add the 2 tbsp of oil; when hot, add the onion, celery, carrot, bell pepper, scallion, and minced garlic; cook until the vegetables begin to soften.
- 2Mince the rosemary and briefly rub in your hand before adding to the vegetables (this releases the oil and adds to the flavour of the dish).
- 3Cook for 2 more minutes, season with salt and pepper and let cool.
- 4In a large bowl, combine the whole eggs with the egg yolks and beat well.
- 5Stir in the heavy cream and the roasted garlic puree until well blended.
- 6Combine the cream mixture with the vegetables and the dried bread cubes and mix well.
- 7Allow the mixture to stand overnight, covered in the refrigerator.
- 8Beat the reserved egg whites until stiff and fold into the bread pudding one-third at a time and mound in a greased large muffin tin (you should get 4 to 6).
- 9Bake in a preheated 350F oven 45 to 60 minutes until golden brown.
- 10To make the Roasted Garlic: cut the tops off of 2 heads of garlic and simmer in 1 cup milk for 10 minutes; drain, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and combine garlic with 3/4 cup olive oil; place in a pan and tightly cover it, and roast for 2 hours in a 275F oven; uncover and let cool; strain the oil to remove unwanted garlic skin; squeeze the garlic from the heads and place in a small blender and puree, adding the strained oil in a slow, steady stream to emulsify the oil into the puree.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Siro's Restaurant's Roasted Garlic Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (662 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1644.5
- Calories from Fat 1001
- Total Fat 111.3 g
- Saturated Fat 60.9 g
- Cholesterol 837.5 mg
- Sodium 1183.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 45.0 g