1/3 Photos of Sirniki (Russian Cheese Pancakes)
1 hr 30 mins
Dorie's Lori's Note:
These Russian Fried Cheese Pancakes (Patties), prounounced SEER-ni-kee, are delicious served hot out of the pan, the outsides still crispy, the insides creamy... They are very easy, and the dough can be made ahead. Sirniki are usually served as a brunch or breakfast dish, or as a dessert, with sour cream or jam. Some like both!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a food processor, pulse the farmerï¿½s cheese until it is uniformly crumpled. Add the eggs, sugar, salt, and ½ cup of flour. Pulse or mix to combine. Refrigerate 1 hour, or even overnight. The dough will remain thick but sticky.
- 2Put approximately 1/3 cup of flour into a bowl, and use this to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands. Using 2 teaspoons, drop 1½ï¿½ balls of dough into the flour, roll them round, and flatten to about 3/8ï¿½ thick. Place them on a plate in a single layer until all the patties are all formed.
- 3Heat a frying pan with 1 T. butter, and fry the patties on each side until golden. You will need to add more butter as you go.
- 4Serve hot with sour cream and/or jam. This recipe will make approximately 20 small patties.
- 5NOTE: Farmer Cheese is usually found near the cream cheese; my store sells Friendship brand. These days, the packages are just under 1/2 pound (don't you hate this incremental downsizing?), and 2 packages will work fine.
- 6About the Times, Prep time is mostly frying time, and Passive time is the chilling time.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sirniki (Russian Cheese Pancakes)
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.3
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 154.9 mg
- Sodium 1387.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 22.0 g