Recipe by Dancer^
There is nothing better then steak with a good wine sauce.
Top Review by Oolala
I have the same recipe from Cooking Light Cookbook, 1989 but it calls for 1 (1 lb.) lean boneless beef sirloin steak (3/4" thick). Also, my recipe calls for broiling the steak and when cooked, adding the sauce that was prepared as you directed. Thanks for saving me the posting!
- 2 lbs lean boneless sirloin (3/4" thick)
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and brown steak.
- Add sliced mushrooms and green onion, sauteing til tender.
- Add wine, water, tomato paste, tarragon, and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook 10 minutes or till meat is tender and liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in parsley and serve.