Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is based on a recipe from the local Sunday paper with a bit of adaption on our part. I've allowed a little extra time on the preparation if cracking your own peppers (I use a grinder on pulse for a rough cracked pepper).
- Mix pepper and salt on a plate.
- Brush both sides of steaks with olive oil.
- Press steaks into pepper and salt mixture (both sides).
- Heat a large non-stick frypan over high heat. Place steaks in frypan and cook 3 minutes per side for medium-rare or until your liking (about 5 minutes per side got it well done).
- Remove steaks from the pan and rest for 5 minutes. I put them in a 50 degree celsius oven while making sauce.
- To make the cream sauce, add the cream and sour cream to the pan stirring well to pick up all the peppers for about 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve cream sauce over the steaks.
This is a wonderful recipe and we absolutely loved it. I loved how the peppercorns formed a crust on the steak, I was a bit concerned at first that it would be too peppery but it was just right. The combination of the nice pepper crust topped with creamy sauce was so good. I found I did not get many peppercorns stuck in the pan so I added a little extra pepper to the sauce. I only made for 2 but kept the sauce amounts the same as we love sauce in our family. A super simple recipe Pat with a fantastic end result.
this is fantastic! i usually do a double batch of sauce even if i only make 2 steaks. The sauce is just like the one I get in my favorite steak house. Best pepper sauce ever!!! I always let my meat marinate atleast for 24h
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Easy to make and tastes like a steak from a fancy restaurant. The sauce is the perfect complement to the steaks and the presentation is beautiful. This is my new "go to" recipe for steak night. The only variation I made was in timing, I put the spices on the steak in the morning, planning to cook them that evening, but we ended up going out, so the spices stayed on for a day and a half. I DON'T GIVE OUT MANY 5 STAR REVIEWS, THIS ONE TRULY DESERVES IT! Thanks Chef Potts for a great recipe!