This is based on a recipe from the local Sunday paper with a bit of adaption on our part. I've allowed a little extra time on the preparation if cracking your own peppers (I use a grinder on pulse for a rough cracked pepper).
- Mix pepper and salt on a plate.
- Brush both sides of steaks with olive oil.
- Press steaks into pepper and salt mixture (both sides).
- Heat a large non-stick frypan over high heat. Place steaks in frypan and cook 3 minutes per side for medium-rare or until your liking (about 5 minutes per side got it well done).
- Remove steaks from the pan and rest for 5 minutes. I put them in a 50 degree celsius oven while making sauce.
- To make the cream sauce, add the cream and sour cream to the pan stirring well to pick up all the peppers for about 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve cream sauce over the steaks.