Recipe by Tara_hearts
Blue cheese, walnuts, rosemary and garlic compliment a great grilled steak. From Taste of home magazines, Sharon Johnson.
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless sirloin steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine blue cheese,butter,walnuts,parsley and 3/4 tsp rosemary; set aside. Shape into a 5 inches log; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 min or until firm.
- In a small food processor, combine garlic cloves,salt,pepper, and remaining rosemary. Cover and process until blended. Rub over both sides of steaks.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until desired doneness (for medium rare a meat thermometer should read 145°F, medium 160°F, well done 170°F).
- Unwrap blue cheese butter, cut two 1/2 inch slices from log. Place one slice on each steak. Cover and refrigerate remaining butter for 1 week or freeze for three months and cut of a piece whenever you need it!