Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful way to use sirloin. It really tastes wonderful, and it's easy to make. Prep time includes 1 hour marinating.
- 3 lbs beef sirloin
- meat tenderizer
- 4 tablespoons oil, for browning
- 3⁄4 cup Burgundy wine
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 5 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- Remove fat and fiber from meat.
- Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Sprinkle with meat tenderizer at least one hour before cooking.
- In a large frying pan, brown meat on all sides.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a bowl and pour over beef tips.
- Put lid on pan and simmer for 1 hour.
- Do not remove lid until done.
Miss Annie this was an awesome recipe!! The beef was so tender! I will be keeping this one Thanks for the wonderful recipe ; )
Very, very good. Juicy, tender meat and a nice flavor to the sauce. I was surprised that the sauce was rather watery, however. Next time I would remove the meat and reduce the sauce for a few more minutes, perhaps adding a little cornstarch to thicken it a bit. I would also use freshly browned mushrooms in place of the canned next time, but the canned were fine. Thanks for a very tasty meal.
Yhis was good. I did make some changes I used about a cup less in water and still it still had alot of liquid. So I took a box of Pillsbury brown gravy powder and 1 tablesppon of flour and mixed it in. This thicken it up also added 8oz of fresh mushrooms.