Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of my favorite things to order at a restaurant which serves steak so I was happy to have found this recipe at All Recipes. It features beef sirloin cubes browned with garlic then simmered in tomato sauce and red wine until tender. Great over buttered noodles.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef sirloin
- 1 (16 ounce) can mushrooms, with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- Cut beef into cubes. In a large skillet over medium/high heat, heat the olive oil and brown beef cubes with the garlic.
- Add mushrooms with liquid, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and red wine.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until beef cubes are tender.
- Add a little more wine while cooking if desired.
I picked this recipe because it is low-carb, but certainly didn't feel deprived in any way! My husband ate it over noodles (and loved it), I stuck to the diet and ate it straight - VERY good! I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned (didn't add any extra liquid to compensate for the canned mushroom liquid) but followed the rest of the recipe exactly. Easy, flavorful, low-carb, great for a work night - what could be better?! This will get made again at our house.
This is an awesome dish! I made it for dinner tonight and my husband and 2 yr old daughter ate it all! I served this over buttered rigatoni! Thank you so much! I will definitely serve this again!