Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
Serve this over a bed of hot buttered noodles. YUM!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sirloin tip steaks, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2⁄3 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Brown the meat in butter and oil in a lg skillet.
- Place in a 2qt baking dish.
- In the skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Pour all over meat.
- Cover and bake at 325* for 1-1/2 hour or until tender.
- In skillet, mix broth, vinegar, and soy sauce; bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Mix mustard, cornstarch and cream, stir into broth mixture.
- Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Drain juices that have accumulated around the beef into broth mixture.
- Cook on med heat, stirring, until bubbly.
- Add the meat, mix well.
WOW!!!!!! This was excellent!!!!!! The meat was so tender and the mustard added a wonderful flavor!!! I had thought this would be like a stroganoff but the mustard and soy sauce gave it a completely different flavor. I think I will be serving this alot this winter!!!!!!
My Husband said to be sure and rate this a 5 star if not more! It smelled wonderful while it was cooking and the meat was so tender. We had it over hot buttered noodles. The sauce was so rich and tasty! A definite keeper and will make it again!!!
I made this for dinner tonight. Very Good! The kids even enjoyed it as well. A keeper! The way the meat and the mushrooms are cooked in the oven helped me rethink how I will cook my meat for a beef stroganoff that I often use. The meat was very tender and very flavorful.