1/1 Photo of Sirloin Tip Roast
3 hrs 50 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
Alan Leonetti's Note:
This is actually a good recipe for any beef roast, but I especially like a Sirloin Tip Roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place roast in the refrigerator a couple of days ahead of time.
- 2Set the roast at room temperature for 1 hour prior to cooking.
- 3Thoroughly rinse the roast& pat dry with paper towel.
- 4Generously salt& pepper the roast on all sides.
- 5Cover the bottom of a roasting pan with olive oil& set on medium-high heat about 4 minutes until very hot.
- 6Wearing a long sleeve shirt& oven gloves (so that you do not get splashed with hot oil), place roast into hot roasting pan& sear on all sides until nicely browned& about 1/2 cup of fat has rendered, which should take a total of about 6 to 8 minutes.
- 7Set a wire rack in another roasting pan,& then set the roast onto the rack.
- 8Pour water over the roast, making sure that it covers the bottom of the roasting pan,& then pour the wine over the roast.
- 9Cut the 6 cloves of garlic in half lengthwise& with a small knife cut small slits into the top of the roast& insert the garlic clove halves into the roast.
- 10Generously brush roast with Dijon mustard.
- 11Generously season again with salt& pepper,& then generously sprinkle the rest of the seasonings, including the au jus mix, evenly.
- 12Place roast, uncovered, in the middle of the oven that has been pre-heated to 325 degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours or until roast is almost done.
- 13If you desire it to be medium-rare, remove from oven when it is rare.
- 14If you desire it to be medium, remove from oven when it is medium-rare.
- 15After removing from oven, tent with aluminum foil.
- 16Allow to stand for 20 to 30 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute themselves evenly throughout the roast,& for the roast to complete its cooking to your desired doneness.
- 17Set the roast onto a cutting board& carve immediately& serve.
- 18Place all of the juices, including the 1/2 cup rendered from the initial searing process, into a gravy boat to serve as the au jus.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sirloin Tip Roast
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.0
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 697.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sirloin tip roast