Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very hearty chili. Great with corn bread. A staple at our house in the winter.
Make and share this Sirloin Three Bean Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 907.18 g boneless sirloin (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 2 (793.78 g) can diced tomatoes
- 396.89 g can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 396.89 g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 396.89 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 236.59 ml beef broth
- 22.18 ml ground cumin
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- Heat oil in large stock pot.
- Cook beef until brown and remove.
- Add onion and bell pepper to pot and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except beef.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in beef and cook until beef is tender.Usually about 45 minutes or so.
I make this for most of my potlucks and is a hit everytime. The pot is always empty. The only thing I changed was...the amount I made. I doubled the recipe. :-)
This is a wonderful chili recipe that is unlike other chilis because it is colorful (3 different beans), and it uses sliced/diced sirloin steak instead of ground beef. We all loved this recipe. The only change I made is that I only had 1/2 green bell pepper and I cut the amount of chili powder in half...everything else the same. I probably diced my sirloin smaller than 1". I served this with shredded cheese and a dallop of sour cream on top, (sprinkled w/ cilantro) and a salad on the side. Thanx for posting this recipe. We will eat this often!