Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 6 ounces boneless sirloin steaks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into eight wedges
- your favourite seasoning salt
- Season both sides of steak with meat seasoning salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in frypan over medium heat.
- Brown each side of the meat, with the garlic, for 12 minutes, depending on your preference of rareness.
- Add tomato wedges, cook for a minute and pour wine over steak, sizzle a few seconds more.
Great..... quick ,easy & tasty. To be a little 'sinful' after removing steak from pan, I added about 1/4cup cream & kept heating til the liquid reduced and thickened. Will certainly make again, with or without the cream. :)
Wow so easy, quick & Tasty - love your recipes Derf! I have to say that Sirloin is not my favorite steak but this recipe made me love it. I used cherry tomatoes from the garden and a mellow dry red wine. Thanks Derf.
I used a non-stick grill pan and just a spritz of olive oil. Deelish. Thanks for this simple one.