In 'Williams-Sonoma : American'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shallot butter: in a small nonstick frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat.
- 2Add the shallots and decrease heat to med-low.
- 3Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallots are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- 4Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- 5In a small bowl, using a rubber spatula, mash the remaining butter with the cooled shallots to combine thoroughly.
- 6Scrape the mixture onto a piece of waxed paper.
- 7Using the paper as an aid, form the butter into a log and wrap well.
- 8Refrigerate until the butter is chilled and firm, at least 2 hours.
- 9Remove the shallot butter and the steaks from the refrigerator about 1 hour before using to take the chill off.
- 10Build a charcoal fire in an outdoor grill and let the coals burn until covered with white ash.
- 11Leave the coals heaped in the center of the grill.
- 12For a gas grill, preheat on high heat; turn one burner off and keep the other burners on high heat.
- 13In a small bowl, mix 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 14Season the steaks on both sides with the salt mixture.
- 15Lightly oil the grill rack.
- 16Place the steaks over the hot part of the grill and cook until seared on the first side, about 2 minutes.
- 17Turn the steaks and sear on the second side, about 2 minutes longer.
- 18Move the steaks to the perimeter of the grill, not over the coals, and cover.
- 19For a gas grill, transfer the steaks to the unlit burner and cover.
- 20Cook until the steaks are medium-rare, about 5 minutes longer.
- 21Transfer to a platter, cover loosely with foil to keep warm, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 22Serve the steaks on individual plates, topping each with a pat of shallot butter.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sirloin Steak With Shallot Butter
Serving Size: 1 (656 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1439.9
- Calories from Fat 902
- Total Fat 100.3 g
- Saturated Fat 45.7 g
- Cholesterol 517.0 mg
- Sodium 321.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 124.1 g