Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by coreybro1
I made this tonight for the second time and will make it again and again! I halved the steak recipe and kept the sauce ingredients for 4 servings.I used Barefoot sweet red wine and it tasted great! I also added the sliced cooked steak for a couple of minutes to pan with the sauce to simmer before serving over egg noodles.Very quick and easy weeknight dinner!! DH and I both loved this yummy meal!
- 3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 lb trimmed sirloin, about 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup port wine (or other sweet red wine)
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and pepper; lightly coat steak with cooking spray.
- Add steak to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Transfer meat to platter; keep warm.
- Add port to pan, scraping to loosen browned bits.
- Stir in shallots and garlic; cook 45 seconds, stirring often.
- Add in beef broth; bring to a boil; cook 20 seconds; remove from heat.
- Add in mustard and thyme, stirring with a whisk.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Serve steak and sauce with noodles.
- Serving size: 3 oz. steak, 2 tablespoons sauce, 1 cup noodles—344 calories.