Recipe by weekend cooker
Unique Steak Sandwiches with Homemade Dipping Sauce that would satisfy a fast meal, or for the weekend game
Top Review by Noo
Wowser....what a simply fabulous sandwich!!!<br/>The dipping sauce really does make this, and turns it into something special.<br/>Everything just worked perfectly together...creamy gooey cheese, crisp bacon, juicy steak and flavour packed sauce with a kick. Deeeeelicious!<br/>Made for PRMR.
- 473.18 ml water
- 14.79 ml beef bouillon granules
- 2.46 ml pepper, divided
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 0.59 ml garlic salt
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 59.16 ml butter, divided
- 0.59 ml salt
- 453.59 g sirloin steak, cut into 1/2 inch thick strips
- 4 French rolls, split
- 4 slice havarti cheese
- 0.59 ml chili powder
- 4 slice center-cut bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine water, bouillon, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic salt, and chili powder, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet saute red pepper, and onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Fry the bacon until fully cooked.
- Sprinkle salt and remaining pepper over the beef.
- In the same skillet that was used for onion, and red pepper, cook the beef in remaining butter over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Spoon mixture onto roll bottoms, and top with onion mixture, cheese, and bacon.
- Replace with roll tops.
- Serve with sauce in step 1.