Unique Steak Sandwiches with Homemade Dipping Sauce that would satisfy a fast meal, or for the weekend game
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1/2 inch thick strips
- 4 French rolls, split
- 4 slices havarti cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 slices center-cut bacon
- In a large saucepan, combine water, bouillon, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic salt, and chili powder, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet saute red pepper, and onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Fry the bacon until fully cooked.
- Sprinkle salt and remaining pepper over the beef.
- In the same skillet that was used for onion, and red pepper, cook the beef in remaining butter over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Spoon mixture onto roll bottoms, and top with onion mixture, cheese, and bacon.
- Replace with roll tops.
- Serve with sauce in step 1.
Wowser....what a simply fabulous sandwich!!!<br/>The dipping sauce really does make this, and turns it into something special.<br/>Everything just worked perfectly together...creamy gooey cheese, crisp bacon, juicy steak and flavour packed sauce with a kick. Deeeeelicious!<br/>Made for PRMR.
A very good sandwich! I made this as listed, using about half the butter. The sauce was terrific and quite spicy for me - I had the last serving so I got the pepper flakes! I wasn't sure what do to with the last portion of chili powder so I just sprinkled it on the sandwich. I would make this again for sure! Good luck in the contest! :)
Congratulations Chef, this recipe was my dh's favorite steak sandwich entry from the contest. This was a quick and easy recipe to make with excellent results. The meat was tender and juicy, the cheese mellow and creamy, the crisp bacon was a wonderful addition, while the homemade dipping sauce was the bomb, it was beautifully balanced resulting in a super tasty sandwich. Thanks so much for sharing your creation. Good luck in the contest.