Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was attached to some fresh chives I purchased at Publix (our local supermarket). Haven't made it yet, but it looks to be a light and refreshing main dish to make on a summer evening -- when all the kids come over I'm going to try it (with my husband as "grill master"). I like the fact that much of it can be pre-prepped. For our family, it will be a meal-in-one. All we'll need to add is a dessert. (Note: cooking time includes the time for cooling the steak.)
- 12 ounces beef top sirloin steaks, 1-inch thick
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes or 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 6 cups lettuce (or amount you want, iceberg, romaine, or your favorite lettuce.)
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Grill steak to desired doneness (14-18 minutes for medium rare; 18-22 minutes for medium, depending on the thickness of your steak). Turn once and cool 10 minutes before slicing for the salad.
- Thinly slice steak on the diagonal. Combine steak, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, chives and parsley. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve on the lettuce of your choice.
My DH and I really enjoyed this recipe, it was quick and easy. Only change I made was I had fresh tomatoes out of the garden so I used those instead of the cherry tomatoes and I substituted black olives for the peppers, because peppers me don't agree! Will make again.