Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Filipino recipe for beef steak. It's simply Sarap!
Make and share this Sirloin Steak Filipino-Style (Bistek Tagalog) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb beef sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 red bell pepper (optional)
- Marinate the beef in half of the lime juice for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the onion until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Drain the marinated beef slices and reserved the lime juice. Saute the beef in the same frying pan for 1-2 minutes on each side. Combine the remaining lime juice, soy sauce and water. Pour into the frying pan with the reserved lime juice.
- Return the reserved onion rings to the pan and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Serve hot with rice.
This was so disgusting. it was too tangy and bland.