Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
- salt and pepper
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 lb top sirloin steak, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Salt and pepper the steak pieces.
- Heat butter and oil in lg skillet.
- Add steak pieces and cook on med-hi, stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Remove steak and keep warm.
- Add onions and peppers to skillet.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed boullion and water.
- Let mixture come to a boil.
- Spoon onto top of steak bites.
This is the neatest recipe for supper! Really simple to prepare and oh so nice to the tastebuds. I served it with brown rice and a tossed salad. Bet the working members of Zaar would appreciate this dish. Thanks so much for posting. We really enjoyed. Laudee C.
I floured and browned the sirloin about 10 minutes,I added a can of french onion soup and a can of water.Used the onion and peppers. I liked the finished dish,but I cooked my for a hour--I think I brought a tough cow.lolrnIt didn't bother me that it took the hour to cook. It turned out very yummy,and the gravy was great.Next time I will use two cans of the soup,for more gravy. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
Quick, tasty, but not very tender. I liked"cube steak with gravy (crockpot)" on this site so much better and I bet it would work with sirloin just as well.